Monday, December 06, 2004

Return of the Grievous Angel

Blogging

It’s been a long time since I’ve done anything with this blog. I’ve had the best of intentions, but you know how that goes. I’ve finally decided that maybe I need to give it another go, for a couple of reasons. The bottom line is that I like to write, or at least blather on about things. I always have, but don’t get nearly enough chance to do it. This blog gave me a regular outlet for my love of writing, and I really miss that.

I’ve spent a lot of time over the past several months reading other blogs. Thanks should go to Johanna Draper Carlson, not only for her own blog Cognitive Dissonance, but for her great blogroll. Through her, I’ve discovered such treasures as Progressive Ruin, Postmodern Barney, Irresponsible Pictures, Fanboy Rampage and several others. I’ve been starting my day with them to see if I had the time to stay abreast of other bloggers and to see if I have more to offer the comics blogosphere than yet one more set of links to other pages.

Checking out other blogs does take some time, but it’s an activity that I enjoy rather than a chore. I’d be doing it even if I weren’t blogging, in fact. Where else can one get the occasional dose of rejected breakfast cereal mascots, Hawk and Dove, and Silver Age Lois Lane? The jury is still out on what I have to offer. I do know that I frequently find myself saying “Yes, but what about….” when I’m looking at other blogs, which means that I’ve got something I want to say. That’s a good starting point, at least.


So here I am trying again. Let’s see what happens.


No comments: