Friday, September 14, 2007

Fair Week: Produce

Of course there's more to the fair than the pigs and sheep. The produce exhibits are another place we always try to go. Until we started gardening, I went because it brought back good memories of my grandmothers and their gardens. Now that we're growing stuff, I also like to compare what's on exhibit with our own.

Now, these would make lots of yummy salsa!




Some large melons. How large?



Seriously large!



I thought this pair of squash looked cute for some reason I can't quite explain.




What a lovely collection of gourds!


You may think that these are large pumpkins....


....but this is the largest pumpkin!



I'm not kidding!




It's just not the Kentucky Fair until you see the bluegrass:


And finally, I'll leave you with my new favorite phrase, courtesy of one of the category tags:


1 comment:

Chris the Yardsale Queen said...

hi

just wanted to pop in and check your blog. Your beloved Basil looks exactly like my beloved Rudy.