Monday, October 08, 2007

Look! No real content! Wheeee!

Actually, this is Bully's fault. After watching the Julie Brown video in this post, I ended up doing some stream of consciousness searching on the old YouTube, resulting in this excessively self-indulgent bit of blog abuse. You have been warned.

Belinda Carlisle



Leads to Go-Gos doing the Ramones.



Leads to Kasey Chambers because there is no music post without some Americana content in these parts.



Leads to Tracey Ullman doing a song I find myself humming at all kinds of odd moments.



Leads to one of the wilder kd lang moments. I remember watching this performance with the first guy I was ever head-over-heels in love with. He didn't get it or her. I should have taken that as a sign.



Leads to my favorite lesbian folksinger Phranc singing about her favorite lesbian tennis star. The second guy I was ever head-over-heels in love with introduced me to Phranc. He talked me into buying one of her albums (Folksinger) on the spontaneous, wildly romantic adventure we took to Chicago, which oddly enough spelled the end for our relationship.



Leads back to Julie Brown. (Hi, Bully!)



Leads to the Runaways.



Leads to the Divinyls doing that song.



Leads to the Indigo Girls, a group that I introduced to the man I've been head-over-heels in love with for the past fifteen or so years. Now, I'm wondering why it's the lesbian acts that are my relationship benchmarks. You all should be glad I resisted the urge to go for the overwrought, over-blown Melissa Etheridge stuff that I used to get over guy #1.



Leads to Shivaree.



Leads to Rilo Kiley like the talking leads to touching. Soon there is no mystery left and we're all just portions for foxes.



Leads to the Ditty Bops.



Leads to Corday (and something for the super-hero fans)



And ends up with Sam Phillips, which is where I usually end up when I'm in a mood like this.



And with that, Good Night!

No comments: