Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Bits and Pieces

My, what a lot of catching up to do....

The weather has taken a turn for the better here.  The trend started over the weekend and is supposed to last a few days.  It's been nice to have a reprieve.  The last couple of major storm fronts missed this area too, which was a welcome change.  I do feel for the folks in the northeastern US.  Still, as nice as it is, it's way too early to get accustomed to this kind of thing.  I know that winter still has a last blast or two up its sleeve for us.  Problem is, that if it gets too nice right now, the fall back into winter will be that much harder to take.  Sigh!

We went camping over the weekend with some friends.  Well, cabin camping, anyway.  Too cold for tent camping, even with the Saturday warm up.  In fact, the evenings were still too cold for me, period.  They enjoyed the campfire outside, but I preferred the heater in the cabin!  (They call me "anti-social."  I prefer to be known as "the man with the warm buns and feet.")

We hit a local flea market on Saturday, as well.  The warmer weather meant vendors were setting up outside again, and that's where the real bargains are.  The outdoor sellers pay for a day spot, so they don't have as much overhead a the folks with permanent spots in the building.  Their prices are lower and they're more willing to negotiate.  I didn't buy a lot, because I'm maxed out on inventory right now, but there were a couple of things I could not pass up.

Let's see....what else is going on?  Well, there have been some major changes at the booth, but I'm going to write about them in a separate post.

I had the pleasure of meeting an online friend in person as she passed through town on her way to parts south a few days ago.  Kathleen is a fellow member of the Yard Sale Queen forum, and we had a wonderful dinner together.  She also gave me some very nice gifts, which were much appreciated.  The next day, she went by the booth on her way out of town and had some very nice things to say about it, which I appreciated very much.

Other than that, I guess things are about the same here.  I'm working on a ton of updates and stuff for the blog, so keep checking back.  I'm working hard on building up my backlog and getting some things scheduled.

No comments: