Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Monday Rambles

Okay, I know it's Tuesday, but this is still a Monday Rambles.  I finally switched to the new Blogger interface the other day, and I'm still getting used to it.  So much still getting used to it in fact that I accidentally deleted my 95% complete Monday Rambles post and cannot get the damn thing back!  That's the price I pay for late adapting--I guess.  Either that, or Blogger just hates me.  Either one works for me.

Finally started feeling better last week.  I took a few days off and did nothing but rest and that seemed to help.  Now I'm trying to get caught up. 

Never, ever make sales predictions about your booth.  No sooner did I start thinking that this was shaping up to be a good month, and sales tanked everywhere.  Now I'm scrambling and hoping against hope I can still make my sales goals.  The really frustrating thing is that the tanking started around the time I finally got my booths straightened up and well-stocked.  I should have left well enough alone, I guess.  Who knows?  The only real predictable thing about this business is that nothing is predictable.

I hit the first sales of 2012 over the weekend.  Nothing spectacular.  One was a fundraiser at a local college that has been pretty good in the past, but this time around was just "Meh."  I did buy a couple of things, but nothing to write home (or blog) about.  The other sale over-sold itself on Craigslist and turned out to be nothing but over-priced junk.

I'm going to try and finish up some posts I've had in the works for a while and get them up this week.  We'll see what happens.




1 comment:

Roger Owen Green said...

I'm so paranoid about change that I've never updated my WordPress on my blog.