Monday, September 24, 2012

Monday Rambles

Fall has certainly fallen in this part of the world.  We've had wonderfully cool-ish, fall-ish temperatures for several days now.  I am in heaven!  I live for this time of year.  Not too cold.  Not too hot.  I just love it!  Too bad it only lasts for a little while.

I spent the weekend cat-sitting, so I didn't really get out and do any yard sales.  I decided to spend some time reading instead.  Actually, I've been doing a lot of that lately.  I can take one bus right from my front door to the latest incarnation of my work gig and back again, so I have a lot of time for reading.

If you are a whodunnit fan, I highly recommend MC Beaton's Hamish MacBeth series for its warmth, wit, and clever plotting.  Unfortunately, her Agatha Raisin series is an acquired taste that I have yet ti acquire.  Another favorite is anything by the wonderful Sharyn McCrumb.  The mysteries usually turn out to be incidental to the overall plot, but her stories are so fabulously hilarious and delightful that I really don't mind at all.  Currently, I'm elbow-deep in Luis Miguel Rocha's The Last Pope.  I've not quite warmed to it just yet.  I think after this one, I'm going to shift gears back into some manga or graphic novels.  I've got a little stack that I want to burn through and get to a booth.

Sales have been nice lately.  The fall bounce is in full swing.  I like that!  I did have a couple of lag days last week, but things picked right back up.  I'm heading to the Peddlers Mall today to set up this year's killer Halloween display, just as soon as I dig all the stuff out of the shed.  I've sold most of the Halloween/Fall stuff that I've already set out already, so it's time to go all out.  I'm going to try and remember to both take the camera to get some pics and then to actually take them.  It seems so simple, but I screw it up so often.

I hope some of you are checking into the YesterNook blog.  I'm updating on Tuesday and Friday over there.  


No comments: