Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Who Knew?

Apparently, when you have cancer surgery that cuts your throat open and leaves you with a big ass scar, you're not really able to go back to your full regular routine after a week's recuperation time.

I seem to have missed that point in all the discussions about this thing.  I am wiped the hell out.  I've always thought of myself as a very sedentary person, not very active and certainly not expending great amounts of energy every day.  I've been unable to make it through one full day of my normal activity this week!

I've had to reassess my situation a little.  I'm putting as much stuff as I can on hold for a few weeks, so I can get more rest.  My boss is working with me on this, for which I am very grateful.

I'm going quiet here on the blog for the rest of the week, maybe into next week.  I'll pick back up with the posts in a few days, but probably just one or two a week for a bit.

As hard as it is to admit, I'm not Wonder Woman any more. 

2 comments:

Roger Owen Green said...

You are rather like my wife in that she too always underestimates how long it takes to recover from surgery.

Chris the Yardsale Queen said...

Hope you are doing better. Sorry about your big ass scar and the whole cancer thing. But at least with a scar on your ass, not many people will see it. :)