Monday, August 26, 2013

Return of Monday Rambles!

And....I'm back! 

Thanks for waiting for me.  I had a lot of stuff to think about regarding this blog and some other issues, so I appreciate your patience.  I'll be explaining more in the next couple of days.

My body is starting to realize that I didn't get any chemo last week.  I'm a little perkier and a little more energetic.  I still tire suddenly and unexpectedly--those damn bricks are still sneaking up on me--but I can feel myself slowly returning to normal.

I actually took a short bike ride the other day!  It was wonderful!  I kept it very short and reasonable and stayed close to home.  I can't pull hills just yet, so I had to walk the bike in some places.  Windy needs some work done, so I actually took Keith's bike, which worked well, because it's easier to ride.  Of course, once I made it home, I immediately crashed--hard--but I got to take a bike ride!  I'm planning another one for this weekend.  If it goes well, I'm going to start semi-regular riding next week.

Booth sales have been uneven due to the fair.  The first week of the fair, they were pretty good for fairtime, but last week was more typical.  In other words, sucky.  I'm glad it's over.  Things pick up in the fall, so I am looking forward to it.  I have to start gathering the harvest and Halloween stuff.  My back to school stuff didn't do as well this year as last year.  Don't know what's up with that.

Yard sales have been spotty this summer, but last weekend was good:  old comics, wooden kids' chairs and other fun stuff.  I'm needing to do a post on my finds real bad.

I need to run, so I'll sign off.  Look for regular posts this week.  I've got a lot of catching up to do.

Let me leave you with this pic of a phone booth near my work:

I thought it looked kind of artistic with the bright colors and the broken receiver.

No comments: