Thursday, September 26, 2013

Getting it out of my system! Now!

Two weeks ago--seriously--I was eating lunch before work when this song came on the radio.  It's been stuck in my head ever since.  It's almost as bad as it was when the thing first came out.  Let me afflict you too, so I won't feel so alone.



Back when the song came out, I was in the throes of my brief involvement with anime fandom and the Sailor Moon reference tickled me.  (I'm still do like anime, but I have less time to follow series and such and certainly no time for organized fandom.  Plus, I have a stack of unwatched DVD's to go through.)  I still totally adore that show, even if--bit by bit--I'm selling off my memorabilia.

Back to the song, here's a parody version that kind of expresses how I've been feeling for the past two weeks.  (I still catch myself humming and singing along when I'm dong other stuff.)  There's a little bit of language to deal with in this clip.



Finally, here's an acoustic version that I like quite a bit.  That link also includes the lyrics, if you need them once you start humming along.

No comments: