Friday, November 15, 2013

Street Views

This is what our street looks like today.

That would be my truck.  



It's not normally parked quite so close to the tree in front of our house.


That's our car.  It's not normally parked up on the sidewalk in front of the neighbor's house like that.

They had some middle of the night help to get where they are.  Help from some jerk who couldn't be bothered to stop and let anyone know what he had done.  Not even to call the police.

Of course, he left some other signs that he was there.




I'm going to miss that truck.  It great for hauling furniture.  It's also a 1988 Nissan worth about 500 bucks.  I don't think I'm going to get much in terms of replacement or repair settlements.  Sigh!

The physics of the whole deal is what blows my mind the most.  I cannot for the life of me figure out how they ended up sitting parallel to each other.

 
My total nerd gene kicks in when I can't process what's going on around me.

No yard sales tomorrow.  It's a good thing the rental has already come through, otherwise we'd have to cancel Chiquito's vet appointment for tomorrow.

Sigh.

6 comments:

Shara said...

Gracious! Both of your vehicles - what a nightmare. Thank goodness he didn't hit your house or you or someone else. How scary. I bet you are furious! Insurance needs to be better about replacing and not just the $ amount. I know - I went through it last year. Glad you are both ok!

Lorraine said...

Holy crap! Did you hear it happen?

Lynn said...

Good grief. What an awful thing to have happened to you. It's a wonder he or she could drive their vehicle away. Maybe you should look around your neighborhood for a damaged one.

Shelley said...

Well, that just stinks! Both cars...what a pain in the a**! Saying I feel terrible for you doesn't even begin to cover it. I do hope that things turn around soon...I think you are due!

Judy said...

Oh Eddie! How awful. I wonder if any of your neighbors saw or heard anything. Sorry for the loss of your truck...

Diane Mars said...

Wow that is just terrible, people can really be so different like they have come from another planet... sometimes it makes me wonder what kind of parents did this person have?