Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Is anyone still out there?

If any of you bailed on me after yesterday's pity party, I wouldn't blame you.  I haven't been that self-indulgent on the blog in a long time.  I'd take the post down, but that feels almost dishonest to me.  Sometimes, I do selfish things, even on my blog.

Anyway, please accept my apologies.  I was on a real downer over my booth sales, plus I hadn't slept well the night before, and kind of put my common sense on hold. Never blog when you're cranky.

The worst part about that post is that there were quite a few non-miserable things that I was planning to write about in that post, but I let the negativity overwhelm me.

We finally got the official copy of the wedding license last week.  Unfortunately, there's an error on it.  See if you can tell what it is.

No.  It's not that they didn't use my full name.  Although I wish they had.


Did you catch that?



I'm not sure if one can be one of the people getting married AND the judge officiating the ceremony.  I'm also really sure that there was a judge in the room that day.  A female judge.  Without a beard.

I'm going to have to call and get that fixed.  Only us.....

Speaking of the wedding, I need to send some public thank you's to Heidi in Denver and Janet in Pennsylvania for the very sweet wedding acknowledgements they sent me.  It really touched both me and Keith that you all thought enough to do that.  When I told Keith that I had gotten mail from a couple of blog readers, he said that I had some pretty cool people reading my blog.  He doesn't know the half of it.

I threw myself into book sorting yesterday and brightened my mood considerably.  I'm planning on having a yard sale/book sale on Saturday in an effort to downsize my library.  There's too much of it to try and run through the booth as is without creating a HUGE backlog in my already crowded storage.  My plan is to use the sale to thin it out, then split the leftovers between the booth and donations and Half-Price Books.

I got two of the book shelves in my junk room condensed down to about 3/4 of one of them.  I still have two more to go.  One of the remaining shelf is going to become my main tchotchke display shelf, so I can try to reign that hoard in a bit.  There's just too much stuff around here!

I'm debating whether or not I want to tackle the two shelves in the living room, which I thinned down a couple of years ago.  I think I might leave them, since I have about a dozen (!) tubs in the backyard shed to go through.  My name is Eddie Mitchell and I am a book hoarder lover.  If you are in the area and want to browse through an eclectic range of books this weekend, come on by.  Nothing vintage in this sale.  No comic books or graphic novels, but PLENTY of just about anything else you can imagine, including books about comics and cartooning.  I hope I have enough tables for this mess.  Prices are going to be cheap too.  Cheap, I tell you.

Sales are on a temporary pick up again, at least until Louisville (Thursday) and Kentucky (Sunday) play again.  This store has been such a struggle for me from the beginning as far as sales go.  I just didn't handle it very well when my first real momentum got derailed.  Then I dragged you all along with me.

Sorry about that.  Here's a little something to make up for it:



One last note, I love all your comments and notes and have gotten better at replying like a polite blogger should.  For some reason, I've stopped getting email notices when a couple of you comment.  I'm not sure what's going on, but please know that I'm not ignoring you.  Also, there's a good handful of regular commenters without an email attached to your profile, which means I can't respond directly.  I appreciate your comments too!  Thanks for hanging with me!

PS to Sandy in PA:  You did make me chuckle yesterday!

7 comments:

Linda @ A La Carte said...

We all have those days Eddie and sometimes they spill onto the blog. Just makes you more lovable in my opinion. The Billie Jean Armadillo cracked me up...thanks for that. I love books and try to keep my collection at a minimum. Just no room here and too much stuff! Hang in there and hopefully sales will improve. The marriage license is a hoot...:)
hugs,
Linda

Shara said...

I don't get email notifications much either anymore. I added my other email addy to the blogger doohickey (technical, right?) and now all the notifications go to that email. It's weird.

My husband's birth certificate has him as a Female. No one ever got it changed. :D Also, my Stepdad's Birth certificate lists him as Black. So, the gov't has been messing up stuff for years and years.....

svelteSTUFF said...

YOUR blog - YOU can do & say whatever YOU want on it!! That's my official opinion - case closed!
...and if we can't 'whine' to fellow bloggers, who can we vent to?!?!!

Otter Mom said...

Whine away! It's your blog so you can whine all you want. I frequently do. I have to say that I absolutely love the armadillo!

Lorraine said...

I'm here...just been busy as heck! I whine all the time about not being able to source stuff and I could write a post or two about how many estate sales turned out to be one table in the driveway, but I think you covered that once.
My marriage cert had the year of my birth and the year of my marriage both as 1980. Oops! Had to go and get it changed.

Lynn said...

Sorry I missed the blah blog - I was busy having my own blah day! Too bad that Keith couldn't have officiated, you all could have been married a lot sooner!

Roger Owen Green said...

we'll never leave you, Eddie! You're too cute!