Monday, April 20, 2015

Monday Rambles

You all know I'm a terrible, bad, horrible junk blogger, right? 

Good.  That's established.

Then you won't be surprised when I tell you that I had a really good day Saturday.  Despite the fact that it was the day of the big fireworks show, we managed to get a decent amount of stuff, including some good large items. And I forgot to get a Mazda shot!!!!

Bad junk blogging.  That's what it is.

Due to the big hoopla downtown, we didn't take anything to the booth, so I can still get some pics and post it all later in the week.  I'm not going to put it all back in Mazda, though.  Sorry.  I'm also a lazy blogger.

Booth sales have been lackluster lately.  I only had one good day last week, and that was only because I sold a large item, the only one of those I sold all week.  Derby malaise is here!  (Of course, I'm partly responsible for this as well.  My "little old man" booth is out of control and I have lacked the fortitude to tackle it the last few times I have been there.

Somehow, a bumble bee got in the house yesterday.  I'm still trying to figure out how.  Luckily, I got to it before Chiquito did.  I'm not sure about the effects of bee venom on felines and I'm not really wanting to find out.

I'm starting to get small patchy rashes on my arms.  They flare up and itch from time to time, but mostly they don't bother me.  It's a sign that I'm having immune reactions to the new drug.  If it stays this low key, then I'm not going to do anything about it, since it really doesn't bother me.  I don't want to do steroids unless I'm covered head to toe.  I will tell the doctor about it at my next infusion, which happens to be next week.  My, how time flies.

Tomorrow is Keith's birthday.  We've made it another year!  I'll have a special post for him tomorrow.  I got a special surprise in the mail last week.  I'll do a post about it too.  Overall, it should be a low key week around here, which is good.  I have a lot of comics to bag and that takes a while. 

It's going to be another on again, off again, on again, still on again, off again rainy week.  Just like every other week this month.  I'd still rather have this than the snow, but I'd also like to be able to send some of this rain to the areas of the country that really need it.  The real problem for me is that I have a lot of stuff I need to do outside.  I seem to have the unerring ability to waste all the non-rainy time working inside the house, then, right when I am ready to work outside, the rain starts.  At least, Saturdays have been spared the rain.

Oh well, better get to work.

5 comments:

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

Hi Eddie, do you get a few days of good energy just before your next infusion or does it act differently than chemo? Hope you do get some good days. Maybe you could get an anti-itch type RX from your doctor. I got some for radiation area itches and that helped to lower the itchy feeling.

Looking forward to seeing what you scored at garage sales.

Joy

Donna Wilkes said...

WHAT!?! No Mazda shot!?! As for felines and canines and bees. Every time they are stung, they usually will have a slightly worse reaction which does not keep them from bee-hunting. I am with Joy, there might be a cream you could use on the rash. Rain, rain, and more rain here. Then last yesterday afternoon, a huge storm blew through for five minutes and brought down trees. We were lucky but were in the dark for several hours during the time I had decided to clean items to tag.

Linda @ A La Carte said...

You are still a more consistent blogger then I am! Just show us what you got when you can. I don't know what a bee sting would do to a cat, but I'm with you, I don't want to find out. Take care and fingers crossed it's a good week!

Linda

Shara said...

I don't like blogs that are thought out as far as before and after photos and graphics added to the photos to show things. Junkers minds are crazed and hurried. I often think after I unload the car, I should have taken a photo.

I hope you figure out what is going on and are feeling better soon.

Roger Owen Green said...

we like it when you blog, whenever and whatever...