Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Random Ramblings

Missed Holidays

Happy Belated National Gorilla Suit Day! Thanks to Mike Sterling and Roger Green for pointing out that I missed it. I need to make a note to mark my calendar for next year, I guess. I do so hate missing out on festive occasions when one can wear hairy apparel.

One of our program managers retired a couple of years ago and insisted on having his retirement party on Halloween, so everyone could come in costume. He wore a gorilla suit.

Music Note Addendum

I couldn’t get the link to this story to work yesterday, so I cut it out of the post, but it seems to be working now:

I’m pretty bummed with the way the whole deal with Nellie McKay and her label went down. I hope that she can manage to get the rights to the songs back and take them elsewhere. Reminds me a lot of the struggle Patty Griffin went through over one of her albums. The results were pretty much the same, but she managed to go on with another label, more freedom, and released awesome CD a couple of years ago. I’m guessing the same thing will happen to McKay. She’s pretty talented too.

(Thanks to
Augie de Blieck for the link.)


Saw This in A Parking Lot Last Night






Posted without comment

And Finally

Got this in email a while ago, so probably most folks have seen it. Still, I’ve been wanting to post it here for a while. So, in honor of the many Oscar noms for Brokeback Mountain and last night’s State of the Union address:


Now that I’ve finally seen BBM, I’ve got some thoughts rolling around I need to sort out and post. I can say this: I was moved on many levels. I need to read the original short story. And I need to re-read Dorian’s post on the movie. Something he said kept sticking in my head while I was watching it, but I couldn’t remember it clearly enough to process both it and the film at the time. It’s been a while since I’ve seen something that gave me something to grapple with afterwards.

But Wait…There’s More

Apparently Dad needs a cell phone.

No comments: