Tuesday, November 08, 2011

INTRODUCING......YESTERNOOK!

I don't know if any of you caught the hint I dropped the other day about some of the stuff I've got in the works or not, but I'm ready to start spelling some stuff out, bit by bit.  There will be more announcements to come, as more things get lined up, but this one is the biggie:

I've taken booth space in a second store!

One of my good friends opened a small second-hand place in March of 2010.  Ever since I'd been differently employed, I'd been hanging out there and helping out from time to time.  She appreciated the company, and I actually got paid to fill in for her from time to time.  One of her key vendors bought a building in my neighborhood with the intent of opening a store herself.  After some discussion and decision and debate, my friend opted to close her place and fold it into the new one.  All her vendors moved over to the new spot and she now works there.   I happened to be at the right place at the right time to finagle a spot for myself there.

The time is right for me to expand, and I think this is the right avenue for me to do it.  I'll post more about my thinking and reasons in the future, but for now, I will just say this:  It's just four blocks from my house!  Is that a sign or what?

My booth is long and skinny--5.5 feet wide by 18.5 long, so working with the space is a bit of a challenge, but it's forcing me to carefully plan and that's always a good thing.  The vibe of the new place is much less of a flea market than I'm used to, so I'm also having to plan what I acquire for the space, and that's a good thing.

YesterNook (love the name) is about vintage, but not exclusively.  It's about affordability.  It's about furniture, art created by the people who are selling it, and just plain fun, unique stuff.  I'm kind of digging being there.  And I seem to have gotten myself involved in planning the grand opening.  Sometimes, I just don't know when to keep my mouth shut.

My ultimate goal in doing this is to double my junking income each month.  We pay the mortgage with my check from the other booth, but I've got a couple of months coming up where that may be my only income, so a supplement would be nice.

In the short-term, however, my goals are a little more modest.  Until I have at least a month or two under my belt, these are my goals for Booth 62 at YesterNook:

1.  Have sales every day.
2.  Have a double digit sales total every day.
3.  Make the rent.

So far, I've hit number one with no problem.  I've made number two every day since the opening, except for yesterday.  And I'm about 30 bucks away from number three.  Seems doable.

You can check out the YesterNook Facebook page here and the Flickr for my booth is here.  I'm going to have to get some more photos up soon.  I've sold a bunch of stuff that's in those pics.  I'll also have to get some pics around the building, because it's really, really cool.

No comments: