Monday, April 23, 2012

Monday Rambles

It would seem that I have not yet adjusted to my new schedule, even after a couple of weeks.  I promise that I will get into the groove of doing more than an abbreviated Monday Rambles soon!

In the meantime, here are some highlights:

Saturday was Keith's birthday.  To celebrate, we went camping.  Passed two church rummage sales that I could only wave at, because we had no room in the car for anything.  Sigh!  We had a good time, though.  It was a little on the cool side, but relaxing.  We actually had to chase wildlife out of the tent, which was a first for me.  A field mouse and a chipmunk both decided that they fancied our digs.

Saturday was also the kick-off to the Derby festival, which means that were are now in the two weeks of madness where everyone would rather do all kinds of activities instead of buying secondhand junk.  I ask you, where are people's priorities these days??

I'm going to finish out the month okay at Peddlers Mall--which means rent was made a while ago, and I'll get something over that.  Not a spectacular record-breaking month, but I'll make some money and that's okay by me.   Still working on the rent at the other place.  It's been a long slow climb there.  I've never been this close to the end of a month without rent made.  It's freaking me the hell out.

I'm needing to score some cheap comics in a hurry.  I've about sold through my stock and they keep selling.  The hunt is on!

Last week, I got into a grabbing match with another dealer at Goodwill.  They had this rack of vintage salt and pepper shakers and planters for a buck or less.  I was there first checking them out, when he just pops up and starts grabbing everything in sight.  Having no choice, I started grabbing too.  I prefer to conduct myself in a slightly more genteel fashion, but he started it!!!  I checked out right behind him, too.  It's a good thing I did, because I could tell that I got all the best ones. 

And, another week has begun.  I'll work on getting some more up here soon.

No comments: