Monday, February 20, 2017

So, this happened.

Junk set out week this time around was equal parts amazing, frustrating, and disappointing.  In the end, I got way less stuff than I usually do, but found some of the best things I've ever come across. Those stories will have to wait, however, since this is post is about something else.

Also, I'm pre-empting "Monday Rambles" this week.  I hope you don't mind.

Allow me to present:

THE MOTHER OF ALL MAZDA SHOTS!!!!!

The shoes and rug are Keith's

Side view

Other side view

View through the back

Yes, there really were two full size ladders in there.

There's a vintage/secondhand store that I used to have a booth in a few blocks from our house that's moving.  This is their last week of business at the old site, so I wanted to pop over there yesterday and see if there were any bargains.

Indeed, there were.  The best bargain of all, in fact.

FREE!

That whole vanload cost me nothing.  Well, except the three gallons of sweat that were expended in loading it all.

I think folks are starting to sort out stuff that they don't want to move, and we happened to arrive at the right moment. There was a HUGE bunch of stuff in the parking lot when we pulled up and the owners said it was all free for the taking.

So I took.

Most of the tubs are full of books, which I really need right now.  There's also a box of records that I kind of don't need, but what the hell.  There really weren't that many smalls, but there was an awful lot of very timely stuff--planters, bird feeders, etc.  Spring is right around the corner!

I had to drop the ladders at Sorrow Mountain for the moment, but the rest of it is booth bound tonight.  I'll get some more pics when it's unloaded there.  I didn't want to haul it out and put it back.  I'm lazy that way.

By the way, this is Finds Week.  Enjoy.

TOMORROW:  The best thing I have ever found at junk set out.

6 comments:

Melissa said...

I was in Scottsburg, Indiana at an antiques and primitives auction on Saturday. I should've just made the short drive to you and looked around for free junk with you! Excited to see what all you found!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

WOW! Great Mazda Full of Junk Batman!! You seem to have the best of luck with free stuff! Can't wait to see more of what you found. Hugs!

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

Now, a good haul that is FREE is the best !
Hugs.
Joy

Shara said...

Free! woot! The best!!!

Donna Wilkes said...

Ladder lust! FREE!?!

Lorraine said...

Love those ladders!