Wednesday, January 01, 2014

Looking Back

Happy 2014, everyone!  It's too early to tell what the year will hold, of course, but I can say with all certainty that I'm starting the year out in a better place than I was this time last year.  It's definitely better to be up and around on New Year's Eve than it is to be in a hospital, even if you aren't a big party person.  (I'm not.)

One last super-huge thank you to all of you for playing such a huge role in my recovery.  You can never know how much your emails and comments meant to me.  This blog helped me keep my sanity during a tough time.  I'm glad I had you all to share it with.

I guess I'll never be able to look at 2013 without remembering all the chemo, needles, nausea and such, but other things happened too:

I expanded my booth in one store and made the hard decision to close out at another venue.
I took a road trip and ended up engaged!
My grandfather passed away.
I got a storage space for some of this junk.
Both our vehicles got totaled in front of our house.  (I need to fill you all in on the resolution to that little saga.)
I bought lots of junk.  I sold some of it.
I started a Secret Project, which will be revealed very soon.
I made a friend.
I laid a festering former friendship to rest for good.
I met a junking celebrity.
I got new glasses!  And a haircut!  And older!
And I finally made it to 1,000 posts!

 And that, as they say, was the year that was.  I have some things to say about the year just starting, but they'll have to wait for another time.  I have a Secret Project to attend to.


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Best Wishes for a great New Year, Eddie! Hope it's filled with happiness and good health and new adventures and awesome junk. :D

laurie -magpie ethel said...

Am sure glad this year is starting out better than last year..that cancer is a horrible monster. Best of luck in 2014 and may all your wildest junking dreams come true.

p.s. the reveal..secret project...soon I hope?

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

Happy New Year Eddie. Thanks for visiting my post and leaving a comment. The Mary/Jesus/Joseph plaque is porcelain, was mounted on a wooden backing (which I removed). Very nicely glazed.

I am so darn glad to be on the 'other side' of a year of cancer/treatments too. Toughest year ever. Empathy.

A storage space in your mall is amazing, makes it so much more realistic to collect stock together and then price at the mall. Looking forward to more posts on your booth. I liked reading your booth/business plans for the year.

Joy