Tuesday, December 01, 2015

Sickbed Rambles

How are you?  I am sick.  Not just sick.  Sick, SICK, SICK! The kind that lasts for days and leaves you flat on your back in bed wishing for the sweet release of a NyQuil coma.  Yes.  That sick.

Keith was down with a cold for most of the week before we left for Arkansas.  I did my best to avoid catching it, but the night before we left it was pretty obvious it had caught me.  By Thanksgiving, I was a wreck.  I ate dinner, then went back to the hotel and totally crashed out for the rest of the day.  Friday, I seemed to be doing better.  Saturday, we left, and I thought the worst was behind me.

WRONG!

Sunday, I felt worse than ever before and just stayed in bed with Chiquito curled beside me.  Yesterday, Keith called our doctor for some meds, while I stayed in bed.  I'm starting to feel better today, but I am sick of coughing and wheezing like an old bagpipe.  Also my head still hurts.

Needless to say, this has pretty well screwed up my week.  I still haven't even unpacked yet!  Hopefully, I'll be a little more back in the swing of things tomorrow.

In the meantime, I'm going to take more meds and go back to bed.

7 comments:

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

Oh No! Sad :(
Hope the meds help. That coughing hurts let alone all the rest of feeling rotten.

Lorraine said...

Oh no! I was sick for TG also and still have some lingering congestion, as does Chris who picked up the crud first. The really bad news is that our dog Zoey is sick now. She has this terrible cough and just started on meds yesterday. Been up all night with her. I hope you feel better soon with the help of Dr Chiquito. Hugs!

Melissa said...

Feel better soon!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

NOOOOOOO! I know how awful this cold is as I'm still hacking away at times. Rest and rest and more rest. Big Hugs my friend.

Linda

Roger Owen Green said...

Feel better, boychik!

Judy said...

Hope your feeling better.... Rest, rest, rest.

Donna Wilkes said...

There is nothing better than bed, NyQuil and a warm kitty to make you feel better. Especially the NyQuil! I hope you are now better.