Friday, March 04, 2016

Breaking Up with Winter

Dear John Winter,

It's over.  I'm sorry.

It's not you. It's me.

We should see other people.

Yadda, yadda, yadda.

Maybe we can still be friends.

Sincerely,

Me




Winter--

Okay, maybe I could have been a little more tactful.  I'm sorry about that, but it really is over.

Best wishes,

Me

PS Go away.




Win--

Freezing rain and sleet?

That's supposed to win me back?

As if.

Stop trying.  You're only embarrassing yourself.  People are starting to talk.

Me




W--

I'm sorry, but six inches of snow is not likely to make me want to meet you for lattes to "talk this all out."

Adding the freezing wind was a really poor choice.

Honestly, it's your sucky gift-giving skills that are a big part of the problem.

Shoo!

Me




Okay,

This has gone far enough.

If I find one more fleck of frost on my windshield or even one stray flak of snow in the back yard, I'm getting a restraining order.

For the last time:

LEAVE ME ALONE!




Maybe if I set it to music?



PS:  I'm now seeing the cute bear with the rectangular guitar.

6 comments:

Roger Owen Green said...

You got more snow this winter than we in Albany, NY. Just sayin' - and rubbing it in.

svelteSTUFF said...

ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha!
thanks for the laugh this Fine Morning ;-)

Melissa said...

Oh Eddie, I'm totally with you. We'll get a peek of a nice 60 degree day... and then 3 inches of snow. I'm over it!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

You make me smile as I sit here waiting for the big 'W' to Go AWAY!!
hugs,
Linda

Shara said...

It was 70 here today and yesterday and the day before and tomorrow and the day after that. Not a flake of snow. It sounds like I'm bragging - but I AM WHINING. I need some Winter! I can see and understand that you are over it. Rightfully so.

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

Ouch on winter hanging on. Loved your good bye's.
Joy