Thursday, August 04, 2005

My Solemn Vow....

Blogging and such

Lefty Brown really impressed me the other day with a list of upcoming projects—many of them related to his blog. In the meantime, both Dorian Wright and Mike Sterling—my blogging idols—have both managed to keep posting in the middle of moves and periods of uncertain internet access. Both of them have relied on some material they stockpiled to get through. You have to admire dedication like that. (And I’m loving Dorian’s series of oddball Archie covers.)

So I got to pondering an age-old problem: What the hell is wrong with me? I like to write. I spend a lot of time on the computer. And my life, interests, and comic book collection certainly give me more than enough fodder for blogging. So, why don’t I?

Actually, I do, sort of. At least partially. I’m real good at the writing part. I have tons of blogs that I’ve written, but never posted. It seems I run out of steam by the time it comes to proofing, posting, adding links, and all that stuff.

This isn’t the first time I’ve carried on about my laziness and propensity to leave jobs half finished, or worse, not started. I’d really like to do something about that.

Maybe tomorrow…..

Seriously, I am setting a modest goal for myself right, here and now. For the next seven days, I will blog every day.

Yeah, I know it’s only one week, but I know if I start out too grandiose with my plans, I’ll never follow through.

So, for the next seven days, I will put something up here every day, even if it’s only “I stubbed my toe. Ow!”

Hopefully, it will be better than that.

Because, you know, I really do have a lot I want to write about:

The joys of home-grown tomatoes from your own garden
Concerts we’ve seen recently: Hayes Carll, They Might Be Giants, Del McCoury
Upcoming shows we want to attend. (Lucinda Williams is coming to town!)
A pseudo-review of Amy Ray’s Prom
Reflections on an overlooked Emmylou Harris classic
Musing about Days of Our Lives
New music I want
Some comics and books I’ve read
Mixed Bag CD Reviews

And on a more personal note:

Dad’s funeral
Dad’s illness and death nearly two months on
The post I never got to put up about my San Francisco vacation

The troubles and travails of one dizzy little kitty

2 comments:

Roger Owen Green said...

Welcome back, Eddie. I was going to put your page on my list of comic related links, then you disappeared.

On a personal note, I'm going to post about MY father's death and funeral next Wednesday. Five years on, and it's almost like last month.

EM said...

Thanks Roger, I appreciate the thought. I'm going to probably be spotty with the blogging for a while longer. I hope this one week thing will help me get back on track, but I realized today at work that I'm just flat out having trouble getting my head around things. Even things that I do all the time and know how to do well, seem to take the longest amounts of time to finish. I was describing a project to my boss and could not get my thoughts to connect coherently at all. Until my concentration gets back on track, I'm not sure how worthwhile my blogs are going to be. Oh well, one day at a time, I guess.