Sunday, August 28, 2005

Well, I Made It Again!

Yes Siree! I did it once again. I was so successful at meeting my goal of blogging every day for seven days, that I thought I would try something else. This time I set a goal not to blog for seven days, and it looks like I made it again!

Of course, nobody knew about this one, because I didn't blog about it.

Okay, okay....

Been a tad busy. It's conference planning time at work, which has cut severely down on my time of late. That's likely to continue until the end of October. Of course, the closer we get to the actual date, my insomnia will start kicking in, meaning I will actually have MORE time to blog, since there's nothing else to do here at 3 in the morning.

Let's see...what else? I'm realizing how little I actually blog about comics, which was my purpose for setting up the blog to begin with. I'm also noting that the blogosphere seems to get along just fine without my silly little remarks, so I'm likely to continue as I have been. Besides, who needs me to say anything at all about comics, when you've already got great folks doing a much better job at it? (Although I do have a post about my dad and comics I'm hoping to finish soon.)

The doctor was pleased with my weight loss at my appointment a little while ago.

Keith and I completed a little home improvement project this evening. I'll try to get a picture up soon. In the words of HGTV, we "repurposed" an item we no longer had a use for.

I'm working on two long Emmylou Harris posts, if I can get time to finish them.

We're revving up to see Jean Ritchie, Kate Campbell, the Duhks, and Lucinda Williams next month; Amy Ray and Nanci Griffith in October; and Bright Eyes in November. Before that we've got a trip to Arkansas to visit Keith's mom (and pick up a new--to us--car). Before that we're jaunting to the flea market on Labor Day. And before that, we're catching Del McCoury at the Waterfront this Wednesday.

Beyond that, the tomotoes are still coming in, which has prompted Keith to start making the yummiest home made salsa! I still have a couple of things that need to be done in the yard, like trimming that front tree. And we're in the middle of taking all the cats to the vet for shots and check-ups. And there's still a yard sale to plan for....

-------------------------------------------------

Last Week's Playlist:

Tracy Grammer--Flower of Avalon (Haunting and beautiful)
Buddy Miller--Universal United House of Prayer
Mighty Lemon Drops---World Without End
Book of Love--Candy Carol (Sweet and fun!)

2 comments:

Roger Owen Green said...

Not sure it's the same level of accomplishment as blogging for 7 days staight. Congrats?

EM said...

Thanks, Roger! I'll take congrats anyway I can get 'em! :-)