Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Midweek Rambles



Let's start off with the birthday 51sr revolution around the sun celebratory dinner fortune cookie wisdom.


Kind of sums up my life pretty well, I think.  Needless, to say, there was eating to celebrate the day.  Yay, eating!  We went to my favorite restaurant, which is where we have our special occasion meals.  We love it, and the food is incredible, but it's just a tad too pricey for regular eating.

On the way home, we found a junk pile on the curb, not far from the restaurant.


That window has a latch and hinges on it, so it must have swung open.  Finding that pile means that junk set out for that neighborhood was last weekend, but I had other plans.  (More on that later.)

The celebration is going well.  So far, I have been to three different Peddlers Malls, finding interesting stuff along the way.  I've also been to a non-Peddlers Mall vendor mall, with two more to go.  We have so many of those dang things here.

Thanks for the well wishes last week!  I love it when my friends celebrate with me!

Yard sale season is slowly petering out here, so getting some indoor shopping in is the way to go!  If you take your time at a vendor mall, you can find much good stuff at yard sale prices.  Most of the good finds are at (or are going) to the booth.  I'll try to get some pics.

Speaking of the booth, these are interesting times.  Indeed, they are.  Last week was just awful, sales-wise.  Every day was less than one half what I had been selling the month before.  Just nerve-wracking.  Saturday was a super day, which caught up most of the lag, but this week has not been setting any records.  It looks like November is determined to work my nerves.

All of the Halloween is out and safely stashed away for next year.  (Will someone please explain to me why almost none of the skulls sold this year?)  The Christmas is going out bit by bit.  I have some stuff to haul off Sorrow Mountain on Saturday, and that should wrap it up.  I'll take some pics when it's all done. 

Tomorrow, I'm going to get my Endcap Booth in order or die trying.  If I never posts again, you'll know what happen.  Of course, with my erratic posting schedule of late, you'll need to wait about three or so weeks before you make that call.

Can you believe that it's almost Thanksgiving?????  I have so much to do before we leave to see Keith's mom.  Ack!

I had the best time this weekend, hanging out with Lorraine's husband Chris at the Wizard World Louisville Convention.  Technically, I was helping at his booth (for his company, Black Flame Creations), but really I was just hanging out having a good time.  I'm not sure how much help I was, but I had a lot of fun and learned an awful lot about steam punk and the art of making steam punk attire and accessories.  You need to go to the BF web site and check out Chris' work.  He's very talented.  It's like sci-fi/fantasy geek-oriented repurposing/upscaling!  Thanks for letting me spend some time with you, Chris!


Image borrowed from Lorraine's Facebook
Chiquito and Keith are both extremely flattered by the attention and praise you all have given the calendar pics.  I told him that there was clamor for a sequel, but he thinks he doesn't have enough pictures for another one.  He usually doesn't start work on the calendars until we visit his mother and he gets new pics of her, so the question is still open.  I'll keep working on it.

The weather is getting fall levels of cool here, and I'm loving it.  It's so much fun to go for walks these days.  I hope you all are experiencing that as well.

4 comments:

Donna Wilkes said...

It is a late ramble but a good one. Sales for the first week in November throughout our mall is El Stinko! Hopefully it will pick up. Last month was fair. I have been busy trying to keep smalls stocked for Christmas. Also I continue to sell dressers whenever I can find them at a great price to pass on to the customer. I love steampunk gizmos - especially the art pieces. Tell Keith he is teetering on the line for the naughty/nice list!

Melissa said...

Can you send some of these awesome junk/trash piles my way? I'm dying over those long slotted wood things. They would be PERFECT standing up in a tight space in the booth, holding tiny treasures. I'd probably add some more shelves.

I've got some Christmas hauled to the booth. I really need to get through the rest of my stash and really go all out on the decor. I wish I had space to put my aluminum Christmas tree in my booth. Problem is - I don't want to sell it, I just want to display it!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

I love the fortune! Sometimes they really are perfect! So busy and lots to do this month getting ready for Thanksgiving and Christmas. Be sure to take care of yourself. I'm still resting a lot and the back is getting better. We had two days of sunshine so I got out of the house a bit!! Now it's icky again and my knee hurts...getting old is fun right??
hugs,
Linda

Shara said...

You are one busy, busy guy. My to-do list is so long that I fear I will never, ever get it all done. Sorry we can't meet up this trip. I really wanted to sneak into a "What's in Mazda" shot. :) Safe travels, my friend.