Monday, July 27, 2015

Monday Rambles

Let's start with some fortune cookie wisdom.



Nice and optimistic, isn't it?

I was going to work the booth on Wednesday and Thursday last week, but I was kind of worn out after treatment on Wednesday, so I only went on Thursday.  I did get some slightly better booth pics that I'll be sharing later this week.

Keith thought I was looking really tired Thursday night, which kind of confused me, since I hadn't really done anything extreme when I was working at the booth.  However, on Friday, I was totally wiped out!

This week, I'm hoping to do some more around the house.  I'm trying not to restock many smalls right now, until I sell some down, but I am taking over some small furniture and what I call "larger smalls" which is an oxymoronic term I use to describe anything that's not furniture but that won't fit into a box.

I took a van load of that kind of stuff last week from the storage unit.  This week, I'm going to pull a load out of the house stash.  I'm selling a lot of these mid-size items right now.  Of course, as soon as I get this stuff over, I'll start selling only stuffed animals and coffee mugs.  Which is okay, because I have a bunch of them in storage too.

Sales have stayed strong all month. I am now ahead of where I finished in both May and June.  I've also been meeting my daily average goals all month, so I'm feeling good about things.  I increased my expenses in renting the book booth, but it looks like I'm going to end up with a larger check out of it.  I'll take it.  In an upcoming post, I intend to run through my version of the numbers game as far as the booth goes.

The button story will wrap up this week.  There are two more parts to come, plus one final look at some fun buttons.  I've finally made it through the whole stash.  It was quite cool and quite fun.  Wednesday, I will start answering your questions, which should run off and on through the next couple of weeks.  The month ends on Friday, which means there's a new Chiquito pic waiting in the wings to appear.  He can't wait!

Let's wrap up with some more fortune cookie wisdom.


Is it just me, or does it seem like fortune cookies lack some kind of internal consistency?

8 comments:

Roger Owen Green said...

Listen to the spouse!

Donna Wilkes said...

I consider it bad luck to read fortune cookies. I toss my fortune away and eat the cookie. I understand completely what large smalls are - I am looking at a pile of them right now. Get some rest!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

I love fortune cookies and my friends and I read them out loud and they always add at the end 'in bed' so it become kinda funny most times. Rest is important and I think you know how to listen to your body and your husband! Hugs!

Linda

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

Now I am going to call everything that doesn't fit into a box but isn't furniture LARGE smalls. Good one Eddie.
Hugs.

Shara said...

Our fortune cookie was empty the other night. Not sure what to think of that. Looking forward to the button story. What are you going to do with these buttons? I think you have some pretty special ones in there.

Judy said...

Rest, rest, rest. Everything else can wait.

laurie -magpie ethel said...

Glad the booth is chugging along and above expectations. Nice to have that working in a positive way (even if it is a ton of work). Rest up...you sound like you need to...especially when Keith tells you as well.

thompsontammy6463@gmail.com said...

When I had booth's I had the large small's. Every once in a while, I would put a big hutch or cabinet with the forbidden NFS on it and the shop would call and someone had to have THAT piece. I'd quote an extremely high price and it would still sell. Damn customer's. Lol listen to the hubby !! Our brain doesn't alway's listen to our bodie's and we can overdo !! REST and don't push yourself after a treatment . Hug's, TT