Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Monday Tuesday Rambles

You say:  "A day late and a dollar short."

I say: "The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

And together, we all go: "Yadda. Yadda. Yadda."

Just a short ramble this time, as I've not been feeling well.  Nothing serious, mind you.  I've just had a sore throat for a few days, so I've been laying low and staying in To try and keep it from turning into something worse.  It feels like it's starting to fade away, so I'm planning on heading back to the booths today.

Also, there's just not that much to ramble about.  And it's been pouring rain at unexpected intervals for several days now.

I'm still not done with the booths, by the way.  I got about 80% done Friday afternoon, but I could tell I was starting to spin my wheels a bit.  That always leads to going nowhere fast.  I have actually caught myself doing nothing but moving the same thing back and forth from one spot to another, five or six times.  That's usually a sign to me that it's time to hang it up.

I have all the shelves where I want them.  I just need to finish getting all the stuff where I want it, which is where people can find and buy it, so that I can bring more stuff in, so that I can end this moratorium and go out and get more stuff.  I think I can get it done in one more day.  I think.

If I do get it done, I'll finish up the picture taking and have those for tomorrow.

Sales have remained strong throughout this whole crazy process, much to my surprise.  I practically sailed to my new rent amount!  I am really excited to see what else this month has to offer.

Since I'm at a loss for content right now, let me point you to a great piece about the Peanuts character Rerun by Mike Sterling, king of the comics bloggers. Seriously, this dude is the best there is at capturing all the wonderment and weirdness of the world of comics.  Also, he's been a HUGE influence on my own blogging.  Also, this piece shows (at least to me) that there is not a huge  amount a difference between junk blogging and comics blogging.  (More on that idea some time.)

The moratorium has made me boring.  Sorry about that.





5 comments:

thompsontammy6463@gmail.com said...

Hey, I'm a true blonde, don't confuse me. Monday, Tuesday ,I was already thinking it was Monday and it IS Tuesday. I'm sorry you weren't feeling up to par over the weekend :(( Positive energy and a hug being sent your way !!! TT

thompsontammy6463@gmail.com said...

Hey, btw I am a Charlie Brown fan and it was an interesting post from you friend. I had older brother's who's comic's I stold, I mean borrowed. You ramble on about what you want to ramble about. I'm a good listener (reader) I hope you didn't overdo it today !! TT

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Never boring my friend! Hope you are on the mend, I've had headaches from the heat...ugh. I'll go read the post as I do love some Peanuts!

hugs!!!

Donna Wilkes said...

I would never comment on a boring blog post. Glad to hear your booths are coming together. I know the feeling of walking about the space with a small item in my hand wondering where to put it. "Down" would be the answer! Moratorium seems to be going fine. I still have not bought anything. Still shopping the house. Maybe you should give a shot of one of your storage places at the house!

Roger Owen Green said...

Oh, I know. we need to ask you questions, which you would have to answer. Such as, if you knew that Obergefell was going to happen so quickly, would you have waited and gotten married in Kentucky?

Blog on THAT, booth man!