Tuesday, July 10, 2007

It's been a really yucky day....

So, yesterday, the person who is coordinating the completely arbitrary and needlessly complex office moving for our department told me in no uncertain terms that I would be moving out of my office first thing this morning.

My new office--much smaller, with no storage, and no bathroom--is across the hall from my current one. The new one had just been painted, and I was told to "be ready to move." (Along with a few tacky comments about how trashy my office looks and how that better not happen in the new one. Gee, thanks, mom. Do you think that might be because my office is FULL OF BOXES because I'M SUPPOSED TO BE MOVING and YOU were the one who told everyone OVER A MONTH AGO to be ready to move because it was going to happen ANY DAY NOW??)

So I went in over an hour early and moved everything from my current office to my new digs, except for the furniture. I figured that if I got the jump on moving and the guy who was supposed to move my furniture showed up "first thing" as announced, then I could get everything set up and be back to work by 10:30 or so and not lose a lot of valuable work time.

Alas, first thing in the morning came and went, and finally at about 9:30, the move coordinator showed up and announced that she had an "epitome" last night* and no one was to move today. The painters, who were waiting for me and a few other people to move to new spaces, were to "paint around people."

So I spent the rest of the day in my current office with all the furniture piled up in a tight clump watching the paint dry, that is when I wasn't retrieving all my other stuff from across the hall.

That's what I get for thinking these days. Honestly, I'm starting to feel like the "Novocaine Mutiny" episode of MASH. That's the one that gives us this famous quote from BJ:

On the very first day, Frank observed that the M in MASH stood for Mobile. So, he had us break down the entire unit and move it across the road.
He's referring to some really bad leadership decisions made by Frank Burns during a stint as CO for the unit. Everything he's describing is what I'm going through now. The spirit of Frank Burns lives at our agency!

So, I come home, get online and through the wonders of the Comics Weblog Update Thingie, find this post from Occasional Superheroine, and say: "Just what I need, an entertaining, relaxing internet survey thingie. This should be fun."

Then I take the quiz, and this is the result:


There are no words.
Which Annoying B-list Celebrity Are You?
Brought to you by Rum and Monkey.

It really has been a crappy day!

*No, I'm not kidding. She said "epitome." This is what I'm dealing with these days.

2 comments:

Roger Owen Green said...

sounds like the epitome of stupidity.

EM said...

You got that right, Roger.