Thursday, January 13, 2011

And this is the first Emmylou post of 2001!

Just in case you haven't been paying attention, this is my favorite Emmylou Harris song:



I always love seeing her perform when she twirls and dances with her guitar! Thanks to the wonders of the YouTube, I've probably watched dozens of Emmylou videos, and it seems to me that she always seems so happy when she's performing with the Nash Ramblers, the band in this video. I know she's the kind of performer who gives it all every time she comes out on stage, but the energy with this particular combo always strikes me as kind of special.

Check out this video for another example of what I'm talking about. And dig her cowgirl hat while you're at it! I guess it's easy to be upbeat with a great band and a great song, not to mention Sam Bush rocking back and forth with his mandolin. Although I am a little worried that he could put out an eye when he swings his fiddle bow around like he does in the "Louisiana" vid!

No comments: