Saturday, October 15, 2005

Pix A Go-Go!






There are also some pics of the special Homefront show that Jean Ritchie did recently.

I haven't written much about that show because it's really hard to find the words to do it. She is so gracious and giving, and such a repository of important cultural heritage, that any time you can see her on stage is truly a special treat. She's in her 80's, and, although she's still performing regularly, she might not be with us much longer. I think we're really blessed to have seen her perform twice this year. My great-grandparents died when I was in my early 20's, so I have a lot of childhood memories of them. There's a feeling I get when I think about them or look at the old pictures of them that I really can't describe, except to say that it is very special to me. I get a similar feeling when I see Jean Ritchie play.




And, finally, every blog needs a picture

of a half-naked man in a kilt playing a drum!

He's part of Men of Thunda, a local group that describes their sound as "celtic tribal." We saw them at an international heritage festival last month. My pics cam out a little dark, though.

No comments: