Monday, May 21, 2012

Monday Rambles--Pictorial Edition

Just wanted to try something a little different today.  Enjoy!  The pics are not the best, I know.  I was trying to snap them while watching the little battery icon drain to empty, so I was a little rushed and had no chance for retakes.  Only the finest here at Eddie-torial Comments!

Oh no!  I have the Bank Balance of the Beast (plus change)!



Had to stop at the bank on Saturday to replenish my cash.  I actually had to borrow from Keith at this sale that turned into one of the best I've hit in a while.  It was then that I noticed that my bank account was cursed!  What else could I do?  I had to shop a little more to bring that sucker down to a safer number.  I did it for humanity.

Behold!  The world's largest vintage button!



This is part of the junk set out weekend finds.  More on that later in the week.  (And I know it's not really the largest vintage button, but it's the biggest one I've ever seen!)

Sadly, it wasn't the best week for the musicians of my youth.  Right after Donna Summer, we lost Robin Gibb.  Sixty-three seems awfully young to be passing away.  Linda Ronstadt damn well better hang around for a couple more decades.  Just sayin'.

I loved the disco-era Bee Gees like nobody's business, of course, but my favorite Bee Gees stuff was the pre-disco folk-rock songs they did in the early seventies.  I'd never heard it before Saturday Night Fever came out, but I totally fell in love with it.  I remember checking the Bee Gees Gold album out from the library and being totally shocked at how different it was from the Bee Gees songs that were playing on the radio!

So, here's my tribute video.  My favorite Bee Gees song ever:



Look for more posts this week!




No comments: