Sunday, November 04, 2012

And today, I am 48!


Finally, after my false start last year, I am hitting 48.  I'm actually excited about this birthday, because 48 is such a cool number.  How cool?

Well, for starters you can divide it evenly by 3.  All of my life, I have been obsessed with interested in numbers that are divisible by three.  It is a magic number, you know.



Beyond that, it ends in 8, which is an even number, which makes it divisible by 2 as well.  And, since it is divisible by both 2 and 3, that means that it is also divisible by 6!  Yay!

Carrying on, 48 is also divisible by 4, 8, 12 and 16!  It's just a giving fountain of divisibility!  A plethora of divisors!  Yay, 48!  Yay, me!

Numbers fascinate me.  Can you tell?

Remind me of how excited I was about 48 in two years, when I'm crying about the big 5-0.

Our picture today is courtesy of the ever-so-kind Monkeybox, who uses it as part of the decorations for her birthday.  It's a box of vintage letters and numbers for birthday cakes.  When I saw it on her blog, I had to ask to use it here, since I was turning 48 and it says "48th Birthday" on the box!  Awesomeness!  Vintagey goodness! 

4 comments:

Lorraine said...

Happy birthday Eddie!

Roger Owen Green said...

yes, 48 IS cool. so is 60, which will be my next...
happy birthday!

Protector of Vintage said...

Happy Birthday! I turned 48 plus 2 in September. I can't say the number aloud or even type it :)

Shara said...

Happy, happy Birthday, Eddie. I hope you have a wonderful day. I forgot about the picture of that box - it's perfect for YOUR BIG DAY! I'll have to use it when I am 48 someday soon too. And, I'll look back on this post to see why 48 is a "good number".