Friday, October 28, 2016

How about some stuff?

Earlier this month was our junk set out.  Due to the ongoing booth battle, I was unable to devote whole days to the hunt like I normally do.  I was stuck with doing all my picking in the morning and evening, before and after the booth.  I was afraid that I wouldn't really find much because of this.

Thankfully, it only rained one day early on, which meant stuff was dry.  Also, the garbage folks got way behind  on the pick up.  Usually, we have a weekend to set stuff out (Fri-Sun), and they pick it up during the next week (Mon-Fri).  By Friday evening, it's all gone.  Sometimes, they're still picking up that next Saturday, but that's as late as it has gone.

However, this time they were still picking up on the first three days of of the next week.  There was stuff still sitting out on Wednesday!  Plenty of days to pick.  Since people often add to their piles until they get picked up, that meant lots of stuff to look through.  Woo hoo!

Let's look at some pics.


 I honestly found this stuff sitting out in a junk pile.  I don't doubt that sometimes people people put out old out of date groceries, but this is the first time I've ever seen a few, unopened, in date items just sitting in a box.  I left it all for someone else, who must have come by, because this stuff was gone by the next day.


BLOW MOLDS!  There's another one I found, but it is still waiting to be cleaned.  That awesome cart they're sitting on was not a curb find, but a bargain I nabbed at the mall sidewalk sale.  It's already sold.



I fell in love with this rusty, crusty, industrial-looking plant stand.  I also found a lot of old jars filled with dry tempera powder at the spot where this was.

  Old desk drawer with dividers.  I think it would make a great shelf.  There were two of these.  I actually found several more drawers this time around.  There were so many that I had to stop picking them up.


Cute Sesame Street organizer.  These pics are all from the booth, by the way.


Most everything you can see in this pic was found on a curb or dumpster at some point.  The wood box on top and wood spool on the bottom came from this particular set out period.




Finally, a perfect project chair and  mod looking wall shelf. These came from a HUGE pile down the street from us, outside a restaurant that just closed.  The owners also fancied themselves to be re-sellers, so the place was also filled with (mainly over-priced) junk.  I went back to this pile four or five times, finding stuff every time.

That's most of the big stuff, I think.  Well, except for the trunk that sold before I could clean it.  I'm still working through the smalls, so there might be more to come!

5 comments:

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Nothing better then free stuff that sells! I love the drawers as display pieces. good job and the booth is looking good!! Hugs!

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

Your booth peeks look good Ed, hard work, great additions from the on the curb finds. Hugs.
Joy

Shara said...

Great stuff and the prices (FREE) are certainly great. I so miss our annual spring clean up. There were treasures a plenty and I had no outlet back then. SAD FACE for sure. Oh and......BLOW MOLDS FOR FREE???????? HAPPY FACE!

Donna Wilkes said...

Oh, Eddie, how could you leave behind your drawers!?!

Melissa said...

Looks like it was a good junk set out!