Wednesday, December 12, 2012

This one is for Shara

In one of her recent update posts, Shara (aka monkeybox) asked folks to "decorate the bejeebus" out of their homes and share the pics with her, since she was doubtful that she would be able to do much decorating this year.  Thankfully, since that post, her mother has taken a turn for the better and she seems to now be on the verge of decorating.  I'd still like to do my part anyways.

We haven't decked the halls of our manor in a few years now.  Between booths and jobs and stuff, there's just no time or space any more.  This is the third Christmas without Mom, and there's still something that's not right about that.  The last holiday that she was alive, we didn't decorate either.  It just didn't seem right.  It's not like I'm a Scrooge or anything.  The same feeling isn't there for me these days.  Maybe it will come back some day.  I haven't even baked or made candy for the last few years, either.

Anyway, since I don't have decked halls to show off, I thought I would include the following shot from one of my booths instead.  I think she'll like it just as well.



That's my little chorus of vintage Anna Lee mice, all for sale at YesterNook.

1 comment:

Shara said...

A post for meeeee! You are too sweet and too funny. I do love my Annalee dolls. I have a whole shelf full of mice too. I DID get all my things up, but I still don't really know how I did it in such record time.

It makes me so sad when you write about your Mom. You must have had the same sort of relationship with your Mom as I do with mine. I hope that one day you will decorate your house again. It is such fun to pull out the old things and see the memories in them. ((hugs from Shara))