Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Jeepney!

I found this little beauty at the Goodwill last week.  Isn't it just too awesome?  (Goodwill by the way is in one of their reasonable pricing phases here locally.  I'll be heading there again soon!)


Big.  Golden.  Kind of tacky.  What's not to love?  Really.  It's heavier than one would think.  The metal chassis wraps all the way around the plastic undercarriage, and all the fenders and decorations are metal as well.  It's really cool.


I totally love these little horses prancing on the hood.

What kind of wondrous creature is this, you ask?  Let's allow it to speak for itself:



It's a Jeepney from the Philippines, of course!  (But you knew that, didn't you?)  A Jeepney is a form of public transit used in the Philippines.  They were originally made from leftover US Army Jeeps, hence the name.  You can read more about their history and development here.  The outrageous decor is par for the course.  In fact, mine seems kind of tame compared to these real life examples.

I love finding stuff like this that is just pure fun!  When I started my booth that was what I wanted it to be about--eclecticity, if you will.  It still totally floats my boat when I find that kind of stuff.

1 comment:

Linda @ A La Carte said...

This is just so cool!!!