Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Sometimes there's only one thing that can make me feel better...

And that's Emmylou Harris videos!

"Ain't Livin'Long Like This." (Ain't that the truth!) That's her band Spyboy with her. The lead guitarist is the incredible Buddy Miller.



Doing Steve Earle's "Guitar Town" with her band at the time, the Nash Ramblers. (That's Sam Bush on mandolin.) Taped at the Ryman.



From Garrison Keillor's New Year's special with Sam Bush and Jerry Douglas. My favorite Bill Monroe song. Also taped at the Ryman.



An oldie, but a goodie: "Two More Bottles of Wine."



Emmylou and Guy Clark do "Black Diamond Strings."



And of course, with Linda Ronstadt and Dolly Parton doing a song from Trio.



Bonus: Emmylou sings with the McGarrigle sisters on "Going Back to Harlan." Anna McGarrigle wrote this song, which Emmylou later recorded on her Wrecking Ball album.



Extra Special Bonus: Before they were Trio, they were three women who liked to sing together. This is from Dolly's 70's show, which I would love to see released on DVD, if anyone's listening! "Sweetest Gift" is the song that introduced me to the wonder that is Emmylou Harris. My mom was a big Linda Ronstadt fan, and I became one by default. One of my favorite Linda albums has this song on it and listening to it led me to seek out the work of the harmony vocalist, who happened to be Emmylou!

No comments: