Monday, September 16, 2013

Monday Rambles

Omigosh!  It is soooooooooo wonderful here right now.  Cool. Sunny.  Lovely.  It's supposed to rain some this week, but overall be this nice the whole week.  I love this time of year, on the cusp of the changing of the seasons.  It's the first real sign that my November birthday is approaching!  (Don't worry!  You all still have plenty of time to shop...)

I am debating having a yard sale in October, but can't really decide.  We live in a shotgun house, and the front yard is the size of a postage stamp.  Parking is also the pits.  There's no way to get from the front of the house to the back of the house without going through the house, so that's not a good option either.  The parking is better in back, however.  If we did advertise is as being in the back, it would not make sense to use our address, since the back of the house faces another street.  Would people come if I advertised it as "near the corner of Flux and Glibbly streets, across from the Convenient Store?"

Complicating this is the frustrating inability of one of the stores that I am in to decide whether or not it wants to repeat its very successful parking lot sale, and if so, when it would be.  If they had one, I might not be thinking about having one of my own, but the back and forth on this one is driving me a little insane.

In the meantime, I am having a sale right now.  I may continue it through October with a bigger discount.  Sure doesn't seem to be helping things.


Still, if you're in the area this month, hit me up.  I'll give you directions.

I'm just kind of desperate to get rid of some things right now, for a lot of reasons.  I'm starting to put out the Halloween stuff, so I need more room for it, and the Christmas stuff that's going to follow.  And I just need more sales.  I'm really starting to feel like I don't know what I'm doing here.  I have another furlough week coming up, and maybe more to follow.  It's looking like we might actually have to close for a few weeks in a row to deal with the budget shortfall.  (My real fear is that we may have to start looking to layoffs.  The human face of sequester is me.)  One of my income sources needs to become reliable.  Hell, I may have to start putting shit on eBay.

I have a few more tweaks and rearranges to make to my booth this week, so maybe that will help.  It will sure give me a lot more room.

Thank goodness for comic books!  Sometimes they're all I seem to sell.  I need to take another load to one of the booths this week.  After that, I'll have to bag some more because I'll be out of the pre-bagged ones.

Kosh has a vet appointment on Saturday, which will be fun.  (Not really.)  He doesn't like the vet at all.  Not at all.  But he needs some tests.  He's a grumpy old man now, and grumpy old men need tests.  (Right?)  He's claimed so many new sleeping spots for himself this week, that I can't keep up with him.  This is also flea pill week, which is also lots of fun.  (Not really.)

Honestly, I am in a better mood overall than this post would seem to indicate. 

No comments: