Thursday, February 26, 2015

Frustrations

It's legislative session time again here in Kentucky.  Actually, the session is wrapping up pretty soon.  I dread this time of year, because inevitably some numbskull will do something like this and it ends up making national news.  Way to go for home state pride.  Woo hoo!  (There are a lot of details missing from the linked story that help make the whole issue that much more frustrating.)  Seriously, sometimes I am embarrassed to be from this state.  And I have lived here pretty much my whole freaking life!!

These are the times when I have to remind myself of something cool about Kentucky to calm down. Like...  Like...  Like...

My Morning Jacket is from Louisville!



(They're even playing in Louisville in that clip.)









So, yeah, I gotta be better at taking the good with the bad when it comes to these parts.  But that bill is still horrible and needs to be stopped.

If you'll excuse me, I need to go make some phone calls and send some emails.

2 comments:

Linda @ A La Carte said...

I don't have words for how angry these things make me. Being the Mother of a Transgender child I just can't understand the hate that goes along with this type of legislation.
Deep breath....

Linda

Shara said...

We have the same things happening in our town. It's just so frustrating. People worrying about things that won't actually happen (Pedophiles! Men in the ladies room!). Ugh. Just be nice to each other that's my motto. :)