Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Your Reading Assignment for Today

I've been trying to clean up my cyber-life lately--finishing projects, deleting old drafts, clearing out emails--stuff like that.  It was in this context that I found a link to an old Emmylou story that I set aside to read at my leisure and never got around to doing.  (Leisure?  What's that?)   I love uncovering hidden gems.  I really do.

After reading it, I'm more in love with her than I was before.  I didn't even think that was possible!  It's quite possibly the most in-depth and personal look at her life I've ever read.  The whole thing is so sweet, it almost makes you want to cry.  Check it out.

My favorite part:  That she was named after her grandmother.  My mom once told me that she was so sure I was going to be a boy that she hadn't even picked out any girl's names.  She'd been calling me "Eddie" for nine months!  She told me that if she'd been wrong, she would have had to pick something on the spot like Sara Dorine.  Sara is a name she always liked.  Dorine was my grandmother's name.

My second favorite part:  The Abraham Lincoln quote.

Here's the lady herself with the late Charlie Louvin:

No comments: