Monday, June 25, 2012

Monday Rambles

2007 is down folks, so I'm looking at my two largest blogging years square in the face:  2010 (114 posts) and 2008 (122 posts).  You're going down guys.  Just wait for it.  I've got enough blog drafts stored up to blow past you both and set a new personal blogging record.  As long as  I finish them.  Boo-yah!

Sorry for the sporadicidity (new word!) of last week.  It just could not be helped.  Think things will be better this week.  I hope.

At least it does seem like it might be better.  I've got an employment prospect lined up to replace (part of) the hours I lost from the cancellation, and I've been informed that the cancelled work is in the process of being rescheduled.  So, we'll see.  Sometimes this freelance thing has its ups and downs.

The replacement gig is going to be interested.  I've worked with this group before, but I have been informed that their supervisor is going to be sitting in this time.  I know I'm good at what I do, so this time I just have to be extra-good, I guess.  We'll see.

It has been infernally hot around here and that is slowing down sales a bit.  People just don't want to get out right now.  Eventually, that will start working in our favor, since the junking jonesing will eventually hit and people will "have" to get out, but will shy away from outdoor venues into those with a/c and the booths will win!  Still for June, it hasn't been that bad of a month,

I have had sales every day at YesterNook (this is the first month that has happened).  Now, some of them have been small sales, but small is better than no sales.  I'm adjusting my expectations there and starting to come to terms with the environment.  My other booth has done well--holding steady for the most part, although last week was a little slow.  Only a couple of exceptional days, but everything has stayed within its normal, predictable range.  And I can live with that.

I started cleaning out the junk room in the house last week.  I am finally to the point where I can see the end to that project.  Not that I am finished, mind you.  I've got a ways to go, but the project is starting to resemble the end result I have in my head. 

One of the fun things about taking on such a task is what I call "shopping twice."  I've found a couple of stashes of merch that got lost, including a box of Snoopys (Snoopies?) that kind of got buried.  It's now priced and headed for the booth.  I've also kind of recaptured one of my original missions with my booth, which was to help get rid of some of the excess stuff in the house.  By the time I'm done with this room, I'll have brought some much-needed organization to this whole re-sale thing.  I'll also (finally) have it concentrated in one room, instead of all over the house.

Speaking of which, today is the only day this week I have to work around the house, so I'd better get back to it.  See you all around.  I'm pretty sure there will be a few posts this week (I've got those triple digit years in my sights, after all), but I'm not sure it will be every day or not.


1 comment:

Roger Owen Green said...

booyah. you've been watching too many Marine flicks, or something.