Thursday, August 02, 2012

Things I Ponder

Why do people still smoke?  Isn't there more than enough info out there at this point about the health damage?  It was lung cancer that killed my mother.

Whatever happened to all those irregularly published independent and alternative comics I used to love?

Should I just rip all my CD's and ditch 'em in a booth?  Would the Emmylou boxsets be exempt from this?

What would it take for me to jump on the e-reader bandwagon?  I like the sensation of actually holding a book and turning pages.

Is anyone making good magical girl anime or manga these days?

Speaking of anime, whatever happened to fansubbing?

Have you ever noticed how much of a typical chain bookstore is given over to gift items, games, and novelty books?

What do my cats think about when we're gone all day?

Why do I always find the good big stuff at the thrifts when I don't have the time to deal with it?

Will I ever understand the ins and outs of buying and selling furniture?

Why is it I always lament the lack of time to read, but when I have free time, I never seem to read?

I'm worried that I'm forgetting more grammatical rules than I am remembering these days.

Ditto for some basic mat stuff.

And Spanish.

Do I just encourage consumerism and overspending with my booths and reselling?

Is it a bad thing if I do?

How can I do my reselling in the most environmentally-friendly way possible?

Do I really know what I'm doing?

Will there ever be enough time in the day to get everything done?

If I had more space, would I really be neater and more organized, or would I just have more places to stack shit?

Should I take out the fourth booth in my little square at the Peddlers Mall?  What would I do with the walls?

For that matter, how can I go about getting rid of the walls that are already in my space?  I'm tired of them and I want to open everything up,but I paid too much for them to just dismantle them and pitch them.  And no one ever buys walls from other vendors.

Why did I stop drinking lots of water every day?

Why can't I seem to start that habit again?

Should I get that checked out?

Are the cats really happy living with us?

I ride my bike just about everywhere.  I'm a vegetarian.  Why the hell am I still do damn fat?

I'm in bed by 10 every night.  When did I get to be old?

Why is it that blogging seems to be the only aspect of social media that has really clicked with me?

You may or may not see a couple of those in the future as posts in their own right. 


2 comments:

Roger Owen Green said...

Why do people still smoke?
Stupidity, advertising


Should I just rip all my CD's and ditch 'em in a booth?
Only of you trust where you burn them to.


What would it take for me to jump on the e-reader bandwagon?
You'll get there, or not. I haven't.

What do my cats think about when we're gone all day?
You don't want to know.

I'm worried that I'm forgetting more grammatical rules than I am remembering these days.
And still, you're more literate than most, who don't even seem to try!

Ditto for some basic mat stuff.
I assume you mean math; and ditto.

Do I just encourage consumerism and overspending with my booths and reselling?
You are a recycler!

Do I really know what I'm doing?
None of us do.

Will there ever be enough time in the day to get everything done?
Only if you lower expectations of what "everything" is.

If I had more space, would I really be neater and more organized, or would I just have more places to stack shit?
The latter.


Why did I stop drinking lots of water every day?
Because water, in your mind, is boring.

Are the cats really happy living with us?
They'll never tell you.

I ride my bike just about everywhere. I'm a vegetarian. Why the hell am I still do damn fat?
You're not fat.

Why is it that blogging seems to be the only aspect of social media that has really clicked with me?
Because it's conversation with real sentences, generally your sentences. Twiter is 140 characters, and Facebook has too many LOLcats.



You may or may not see a couple of those in the future as posts in their own right.
I damn well better!

Lorraine said...

I agree with all of ROG's responses, especially the part about you being a recycler. You are rescuing old things from the past that might otherwise be thrown away and lost forever. Those items also represent a time when life was simpler or may evoke pleasant memories for the people who buy them.
And yes, more space = more sh#t!