Monday, October 15, 2012

Monday Rambles

I'm finishing this up on Sunday, as I usually do, but I may or may not be able to get it posted.  We've already had a brief power outage, which was preceded by several flickers, due to strong winds.  We'll just have to see.  It's kind of like Spring usually is around here.

There's only one thing worse than getting a sales email that says you only sold 59 cents at your booth. That would be not receiving one at all the next night.  Typically, that means that there was an email glitch, but coming after such a low night, you just can't say that for sure.  Happily, I got one (for 36 bucks) the night after the missing mail, and some quick math revealed I really did have sales, so it was just a glitch.

As you can guess from the 59 cent thing, it was kind of a low sales week, although I had a couple of good days at the Peddlers Mall.  Still no skull sales.  What do people have against skulls??

We need a new home!
 We set out Saturday on a yard sale journey that we expected would last until about 1:00.  That's pretty typical.  Why were we dragging back home at 7:00 that night??  We are still wondering where the day went.  We did make some good finds for all that time out.  I also had a couple of strange life flashbacks that I'll be writing about later on.

Things to never, ever believe when a junker says them:  "I'm not really going to buy any more today.  I think we have enough and the car is getting full."  This is typically followed by emerging from a Goodwill with a vintage padded bench! It was six bucks. I couldn't leave it!  Keith just rolls his eyes at me any more.

Last week's Love Match has been made.  I have no idea how the happy couple is doing, but it left me with a good feeling in my heart and a nice jump in my sales report.

If you've been following my bargaining tips, I have a new one to add to the list of things not to do.  At a church sale on Saturday, a gentleman was trying to buy several pairs of socks and a pair of shoes.  I had a huge box of stuff that I was paying for at the same time.  When he was told that the socks were 50 cents a pair, he loudly exclaimed:  "I'd rather pay 25 cents!"  My immediate thought was that I would "rather" walk out with all this shit without paying for it, but it ain't gonna happen!  Needless to say, the women running the sale were not impressed.

I've got a lot to do this week.  Several irons that I've had in the fire are due to come out, and my work hours pick up just a tad.  Better to be busy than bored, I guess.  I should have posts every day, though.


No comments: