Wednesday, May 08, 2013

Getting Graphic

I know I'm not alone in my junkin' love of vintage games.  Right folks?  They're just cool reminders of a time when entertaining yourself didn't involve cables or cords or downloading.  The graphics on the boxes are often some of the best things about the experience.

The problem with buying games is making sure that everything is still in the box.  Usually a quick glance on the scene is enough to inspire buying confidence, with a more in depth check later. 

Puzzles are another story.  I usually stay away from any puzzle that isn't sealed in the box, because it's too hard to make sure everything is there.  I don't have time to count out 500 or more pieces.  Who does?

The other day I got offered a couple of vintage puzzles for free.  I was waffling a little--free is always a great enticement--when I looked at the box for one of them.


That was all she wrote.  Could you turn this guy down?


I know I sure can't.

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Now I think that is sort of scary!! I like jig saw puzzles and sometimes have one going on my dining room table - especially in the winter. It's a great time waster!!