Monday, April 14, 2014

Monday Rambles

Okay.  Saturday was the big fireworks show that kicks off the Derby Festival.  And tonight they're calling for...wait for it.....SNOW!

It shouldn't be much or stick around long, because it's going to be a tad too warm for that.  It's just the general principle of the thing.  Is it not supposed to be spring??  Is there a such thing as Winter PTSD?  If so, I think most of us may have it.

Keith keeps saying that this will be one of those years when there's snow on Derby day.  For the uninitiated, that's the first Saturday in May.  (Which is also Free Comic Book Day!)  I can remember one such Derby in my lifetime, although I can't recall the specific year. It was when Keith and I were living in our old apartment.  There wasn't a lot of snow, but, again, it's the principle of  the thing.

Enough about the weather already.

I'm putting off my yard sale post until tomorrow or Wednesday, because it's going to be a long one and I'm still working on it.  I ended up going to the booth on Sunday with some leftovers, which was unplanned, but became necessary when we realized that, given our schedules for this week, it was the only day available to do it.

I actually had decent booth sales on Saturday.  I nearly met my daily sales target, which is unheard of on Thunder day.  People tend to head straight to the Waterfront and spend the day there.  Unless you're someone like me and you realize that it's a great day to go shopping without the crowds.  (Derby day is like this too.)  Apparently, there were quite a few people like me at the Peddlers Mall yesterday.  I'll take it.

Overall, my April sales have not been as dire as they have been in the past.  I'm still lagging behind where I need to be, saleswise, but I have not had any days with no sales.  I've also had double digit sales every day.  No two or three dollar days, so far.  I've met or nearly met my daily target a couple of days and had one day that was flat out tremendous!  For April, I'm not doing too bad.  Now that Derby madness has started, I'm hoping that will hold.

It's Holy Week, so I'm featuring some vintage booklets on the Stations of the Cross (or Way of the Cross) in separate posts.  I'll double post on some days and let the booklet post stand on other days.  I found a nice batch of Catholic booklets in my stash a few weeks ago and decided to feature them.  I bought them a while back at a sale, but set them aside to read and flip through.  One of the hard parts of having a collector's interest in what you sell is getting them to the booth timely.  I've got a stack of manga that I want to read that proves it.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy the booklets.  Some of them are quite charming and the graphics are really cool.  Many of them are quite battered and worn.  These were meant to be used over and over again and they were.  I think that adds to their charm, so I've only done minimal editing to the scans.

You can see the first one right below this post.   Have a good week!

 

No comments: