Saturday, July 27, 2013

Blame This One on Keith

So, the other day, we were pulling up in front of the house when, out of the blue, Keith starts singing:  "Baby cried the day the circus came to town."  Then he stops and says "I don't know why I did that.  I don't even know what song that is."

Well, of course, not only do I know the song, I also know all the words, so I burst out into the first verse, making Keith regret he ever started the whole thing to begin with.  There are times when he gives me this "I can't believe I know you" look.  This turned into one of those times.

As soon as we got inside, I hit the computer. First I had to find it on YouTube, to make sure I remembered all the words correctly, which I did.  Then I had to go to Wikipedia to see whatever had happened to the singer, Melissa Manchester. 

You can look all those details up yourself, but here is the best video I found, with the warning that it features a Muppet on a high wire and some creepy clowns. 



I think the real story is that Baby was trying to get away from those creepy-ass clowns.  That's how she found herself on that high wire.  I'd cry too if I saw those suckers in a parade, or anywhere else.

No comments: